U.S. government agencies namely the Department of homeland security and the Department of Justice has released a memo note with which it reminded the American government institutions regarding the danger of malware in the mobile realm . The memo states that most of the malware attacks during 2012 targeted for Android OS device was equal to 79 % and the Symbian OS was 19% , while other mobile platforms such as BlackBerry , iOS , Windows Phone only less than 1 % .
Malware ( short for malicious software , which means that suspicious software ) is a computer program that was created with the intent and purpose of the creator and is a program that looks for weaknesses of the software . Generally malware created to break or damage the software or operating system is inserted through a script hidden by the author . mentioned that 3 risk of malware attacks are most common to Android Trojan that sends SMS text messages to premium numbers , rootkits , and domain forgery Google Play .
The memo also suggested that the government agencies that use the Android app to install security software , install the Carrier IQ app test and update the OS . Actually, the large number of attacks to the Android Malware is a natural thing because the Android OS is the most widely used in the world . In addition, the nature of each person to analyze the weaknesses. Where this is exacerbated by the number of Android devices that still use the old version of the OS .
Types of Malware
• Computer virus is a type of malware that attacks the executable file ( . Exe ) that will invade and multiply when the infected exe file on the run . • Worm aka worm is a computer program that can duplicate itself and for its spread does not need the intervention of the user itself by utilizing a network
• Spyware is a program that acts as a spy to know the habits of computer users and send that information to other parties . Spyware is usually used by the advertisers.
• Adware is advertising inserted in secret by the makers of the program , usually on a freeware program for the purpose of promotion or advertising .
• Trojan or trojan hourse is a program that secretly entered into the computer , and then facilitate other programs such as viruses , sypware , adware . keyloggers and other malware to enter , damage sytem , allowing others computer remotely and steal information such as passwords or credit card numbers us .
• Keylogger is a program that can monitor keystrokes on the keyboard , so that others can know the password and any information we type .
• Rootkits are programs that infiltrate a computer system , hiding disguised as part of the system ( eg stick on patch , keygen , crack and games ) , then took over , monitor the system works disusupinya . Rootkits can steal data passing across the network , perform keylogging , stealing cookies bank accounts and others.
• Phishing is a form of deception to obtain personal information such as userID , password , ATM , credit card and forth through e – mail or a fake website that looks genuine .
• Browser Hijacker is a browser hijacker directs the browser should display the sites that match the address entered into the site.
• Backdoor Backdoor is a method used to bypass normal authentication ( login ) and try not detected . Backdoor themselves often infiltrated through trojans and worms .
Originally posted 2013-08-30 18:30:40.