Convert DVD to iPad is one of the questions I get quite frequently. I made this video to show you the process I use for getting my movies onto the iPad. It does require some software (which works on both Windows and Mac) and it takes a little time for the DVD movies to prepare but it is a process that is simple and easy.
Convert DVD To iPad
In case you cannot see or hear the video, here are the basic steps for convert DVD to iPad:
- Download and install Handbrake + the VLC plugin (automatic)
- Insert a DVD movie into your computer
- Open Handbrake and press the “source” button
- Press the “Presets” button and select “Apple – Universal”
- Press “Start”
It will take about an hour for the movie to finish. Your mileage may vary but this is the time it takes on my own system with a standard 1.5 hour long movie.
Once it is done, drag-and-drop the movie file onto iTunes and then Sync your iPad.
Convert DVD To iPad. Mike over at Brisk Studios was kind enough to let me know that there is also some nice software you can purchase for putting DVD’s on your iPad. It’s called DVD Remaster by Metakine and can be found here.
- What is iCloud? | Simple To Use And Simple To Setup
- iOS 5 Features You Should Know About
- Navy Federal Credit Union Apps For iPhone / iPad
- iMovie – iPad Video Editing | Filming Made Easy
- Office Suite For iPad | Using Pages