If you use Pages for the iPad then you know it comes with a very limited set of templates. Just announced are the very first custom Pages iPad templates by Facilisi and you definitely will want to check these out if you are looking to make the Pages app even better. Here’s why…
Facilisi, who boasts having more than 1000 templates has just announced that they now have the very first iPad Pages templates and these are some amazing designs. There are over 70 templates and they have more coming each week. We will be sure to update you as they release more designs. All of the templates are $0.99 and there are layouts such as brochures and letterheads.
Check out all their templates here. I got 3 of them, opened them up in Pages and it was really easy to edit them. The fonts they used are the same set of fonts included with Pages so you won’t have to worry about incompatibilities. They do not come with the images you see in the samples but you can easily add your own or purchase images from sites like Fotolia.
Here are a few examples and Instructions for installing them on your iPad:
How To Install iPad Pages Templates
The templates are zipped and therefore you will have to download them to your Mac/PC before you put them on your iPad. Once you have downloaded your templates follow these steps:
- Connect your iPad to your computer
- Click the iPad icon in iTunes and then select ‘Apps‘
- Scroll to the bottom of the Apps window and select Pages (in the Apps list under File Sharing)
- Click Add, and then locate the unzipped Template you want to import
- Select the Template, and click Choose
- Open the Pages app on your iPad
- In the My Documents view, tap the folder icon
- Tap the name of the Template you want to import and the Template opens up
Want to Print your documents? Check out our newly updated iPad Printing Solution post to learn how.
Originally posted 2010-06-29 10:45:14.