Do you know you can create your own hotspot for connecting to the Internet with your iPhone? It’s very easy if you have an iPhone 4 or higher with a 3G network connection. You can turn your iPhone into a modem and connect to anywhere in the world the Internet goes. If you can’t find a Wi-Fi connect, then all you need is your iPhone, a computer, and you’ll be up and running before you know it.
How To Use iPhone As Modem
Here’s how to use iPhone as modem to connect to the Internet.
- Step #1. Be sure your iPhone has tethering enabled. Tethering means “sharing the Internet connection of an Internet-capable mobile phone with other devices.” Your iPhone must be 3G and higher to use tethering.
- Step #2. Setup the hotspot feature with your cell phone provider. It’s usually a service on your plan and costs extra. AT&T and Verizon Wireless are the only two providers in the US that offers this service.
- Step #3: Check your computer system to be sure it supports WPA/WPA2 encryption. If it doesn’t then you won’t be able to use your iPhone as a modem. On a Mac computer using a USB, you’ll need to have the OS 10.5 or higher, plus iTunes must be installed. On a PC, you need Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7.
- Step #4: Set the personal hotspot or Internet tethering in the general settings to enable this service. Go to Settings > General> Network> Personal Hotspot or Internet Tethering. Contact your cell phone provider if you can’t find the settings.
- Step #5: Plug in the USB connector, turn on the iPhone, turn on your computer, and start surfing the Internet with your very own hotspot using your iPhone as modem. Happy surfing!
- iPhone 5 Features | Enough to Impress Any Tech Guru
- A Preview of The New iOS 6 Features
- iPhone 5 Release Date – News or Rumours?
- How To Use iPhone 4S
- Knowing How To Use iPad 2 | iPad For Beginners
- Know the New iOS 5 Features