If your iPad keeps shutting off without apparent reason, or if it is functioning is strange ways, your device settings may have become corrupted. You will need to restore them to original settings. This is not erase your contacts or calendar data, or delete any music or videos that you have downloaded to your iPad.
Here is how to do it:
- Open Setting -> General -> Reset
- Tap on Reset All Setting Button
- When asked to confirm, tap on Reset
If your iPad is still not working correctly, you can try erasing all the content on your device.
Open Setting -> General -> Reset and Tap on the Erase All Content and Setting button.
After doing this, you will have to restore your data using iTunes.
How do I Restart or Reset My Device?
Restarting/Resetting your iPad turns it off completely and then turns it back on, this can usually solve many problems. Restarting turn all the software off then on again. Resetting turns the software and hardware off and on. Follow these steps to restart or reset your ipad:
- To Restart your iPad, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for few second until “slide to power off” appears. Then drag the slider to the right to shut down your device. To turn it back on, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple Logo. If this doesn’t fix your problem, try resetting your device.
- To Reset your device, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for about 8 seconds until you see the Apple Logo. Release the buttons and your device will restart after a few seconds.