The electronics manufacturer, Samsung has not forgotten older devices and is working hard to update its Smartphones to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Samsung has confirmed that Galaxy S II can be upgraded to the Android version of 4.1 Jelly Bean in the month of November this year. This is one of the most popular and bestselling Smartphones that Samsung has released with Android 2.3 Ginger Bread. With this latest version of Android 4.1, Jelly Bean will be on all top selling products of Samsung.
Samsung Sweden said in a press release that Galaxy Note 10.1 and Galaxy Note would be getting Jelly Bean in Q4. At present all these devices run on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. This update will be available through both over the air (OTA) or Samsung skies, so the user will get more than one option for upgrading their devices.
Upgrading from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jelly Bean is insignificant when compared to jump from Ginger Bread to Android Ice Cream Sandwich, since it offers minor updates in terms of widgets, performance, and other little changes. As soon as Samsung Galaxy S II has been updated to Jelly Bean, users are allowed to share photos and images very simply with the new functionality of NFC.
Some of the Important Features of Jelly Bean are: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean offers numerous features and has lots of improvements and this latest version will sure delight Android users.
- It comes with an extraordinary performance; its interface is smoother and very eye appealing
- It provides VPN Traffic statics in readable format
- Many icons of by Kwes
- You can greatly customise lock screen ring with the new editor
- You can inactivate vibration for notification
- Some of the areas to be mentioned where it has improved are redesigned keyboard and NFC feature
- One of the newest features of the Jelly Bean is that Google has introduced Google Now; it is a feature like a Siri Voice assistant
- And also comes with a new notification bar, Home screen modes and pop-up screen
Samsung S II can be upgraded only to Galaxy SII 19100G and it will not work for any other model as released by the Android Open Kang Project so before updating please check your model number series.
Some of the prerequisites are,
- Make sure that you have installed genuine drivers for Galaxy SII to get connected to a computer and internet
- If required you can permit USB debugging mode which helps to connect to a computer
- Ensure that your phone charging is at least 85% to avoid any unexpected shutdown during the update to Jelly Bean
- Confirm your Galaxy SII is factory unlocked, and also validate that the device is rooted and clockwork Mod Recovery is fixed on the phone
Though Samsung is upgrading its entire high end handsets to the new version of Android, it will be still lagging behind those brand-named by Google. Google has at present upgraded Android 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 Jelly bean. This 4.2 version first appearance expected at an October event this year.
With all these advanced features and specifications Samsung Galaxy SII is expensive, if you want to experience these improvements and if you are running short of money you can avail short term loans like same day cash loans.