Smart phones are the in thing today. More than half the population of the world has lost its wits with amazing apps and features and who can blame them. Smart phones are easy to use, have the best features and look great. However, it is important that people understand how to use them safely. There is so much that you can do with a smart phone, it becomes difficult for people to understand how others can use it against them. A smart phone does not only provide you with the best of the technology but at the same time it also can be quite a trouble when it comes to protecting important information and data stored in your smart phone. Although warnings are issued by mobile companies regularly about how to take care of your smart phones, seldom people pay attention to it.
Security is an important issue when it comes to your smart phones. Not only they are expensive but since they are laced with so many features to make you life simple, you are required to enter your personal and confidential information in it. You will be taking a huge risk if you don’t keep up with the regular and usual protocol advised by the smart phone companies to protect your phone and the data. Keep the following tips in mind to safeguard your phone and valuable data so that you do not end up with regrets in future:-
- Always keep updating your operating system as these updates are meant to ensure better safety and protection of the data.
- Keep up with your anti – virus and anti – malware software as they are the ones that protect your data.
- Stay in touch with the latest news on scams and frauds, phishing attacks etc. Knowing about all this keeps you more vigilant when some important piece of information is stolen from your phone.
- The web page links that pop up when you browse the internet o you smart phones should not be clicked instantly. Take time to read about them and understand about them before you go ahead with checking them out. They might be transplanted to enter breach the security walls of you smart phones.
- Make sure you stay away from public networks especially while doing a monetary transaction. They have very poor security statuses.
- Ensure that whatever content or app you download is from a trusted source only and does not involve security threats or viruses.
- While installing an app make sure that you provide only limited access to it so that the app does not use your personal information and spread it to others which can be harmful to you.
- Before you sell your smart phones, check if you have deleted your personal information from all places and folders. Information stored in smart phones gets located in a lot of files and folders so wipe away everything before you stop using your smart phones
With a little bit of awareness and vigilance you can save yourself a whole load of trouble. It is after all about your privacy and security hence a little effort is in order.
I am Susan Hannan from Pass certification. It provides comprehensive and cost effective exams preparation material for 000-780 Exam. Let’s take benefit from Pass certification MB6-870 Exam training material and clear your all IT certifications on first try. Check out today.